What is GST return filing?
Businesses that are registered under GST have to file the GST returns monthly, quarterly, and annually based on the business. Here it is necessary to provide the details of the sales or purchases of the goods and services along with the tax that is collected and paid. Implementation of a comprehensive Income Tax System like GST in India has ensured that taxpayer services such as registration, returns, and compliance are in range and perfectly aligned.
An individual taxpayer filing the GST returns has to file 4 forms for filing the GST returns such as the returns for the supplies, returns for the purchases made, monthly returns, and the annual returns.
GST return filing in India is mandatory for all the entities that have a valid GST registration irrespective of the business activity or the sales or the profitability during the period of filing the returns. Hence, even a dormant business that has a valid GST registration must file the GST returns.
GST return is a document that contains the details of all the income or the expenses that a taxpayer is required to file with the tax administrative authorities.
Who should file the GST returns?
- A person having a valid GSTIN has to compulsorily file the GST returns.
- Also, a person whose annual turnover is crossing Rs. 20 lakh has to obtain a GST registration and file the GST returns mandatorily.
- In the cases of Special states, the limit for the annual turnover is Rs.10 lakh.
Types of GST Registration
Due dates for filing the GST returns
- GSTR 1: The 11th of Subsequent of that month.
- GSTR 3B: The 20th of that subsequent month.
- CMP 08: 18th of the month succeeding the quarter of the specific fiscal year.
- GSTR 4: 18th of the month succeeding the quarter.
- GSTR 5: 20th of the subsequent month.
- GSTR 6: 13th of the subsequent month.
- GSTR 7: 10th of the subsequent month.
- GSTR 8: 10th of the subsequent month.
- GSTR 9: 31st December of the Fiscal year.
- GSTR 10: Within 3 months of the date of cancellation or the date of cancellation order whichever is earlier.
- GSTR 11: 28th of the month that is following the month for which the statement was filed.
Why FileYourGST for Filing GST returns?
Filing GST returns takes around 1 to 3 working days subject to the availability of the government portal and the submission of documents by the client.